Make a Thaumatrope – Free Printable
The Thaumatrope is a Victorian toy by using optical illusion.
It was used as an impressive prop in the film “Sleepy Hollow”.
This toy looks like magic, but its structure is very simple.
We have also prepared a blank printable. Try making your own designs!
- Glue stick
- Something to poke a hole (hole punch, awl, ice pick)
- Rubber band or String
- Print and cut out the Thaumatrope Template (you can color to black & white version as you wish) or the Blank Template for Design your own Thaumatrope.
- Fold the dotted line into a mountain fold.
- Glue it together.
- Use your poking tool to punch out the two small holes in each circle.
- Tie on two lengths of rubber band or string at the holes, one on each side.
- Hold the strings in each hand and twirl the card to see the magic!
If you make a Mizna DIY thing, please share with #miznadiy on Instagram! Thank you!